Re: [midatlanticretro] Swap Thread

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11 3:50 AM
      I'm doing some thinning of the herd and intend to bring some RL02 drives. Anyone interested? Let me know - these are heavy. Heh.

      -Ian
    • David Comley
      Message 2 of 8 , May 11 4:56 AM
        Could be. I have one that I've never used, for want of a disk pack for it.

        BTW I have some power supply caps for your BBC Model B, the X2 rated ones that are known for failing, if you want them. I picked up a model B while I was in the UK a couple of weeks back and I plan on bringing it next weekend to swap out those capacitors and maybe do a little retro-brite on the case.

        -Dave

        Brought to you by the miracle of mobile personal computing.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 11 9:33 AM
          On 05/11/2013 06:50 AM, Mr Ian Primus wrote:
          > I'm doing some thinning of the herd and intend to bring some RL02 drives.
          > Anyone interested? Let me know - these are heavy. Heh.

          RL02s? Heavy??

          Name one other 14"-platter removable drive that a single person can lift
          and move around. ;) (RL01 doesn't count! ;))

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 8 , May 12 11:42 AM

            > > I have TRS-80 model III parts.
            > > An HP 98xx (forget the exact model).
            > > A couple of clone XTs.
            > >

            > > and for the OTish crowd:
            > > A complete PS/2 Model 30 of some ilk.
            > > I have shelves full of various disk drives from floppy drives up to 50 GB
            > SCSI drives if anyone needs them. IDE drives from 100MEG to 40Gig.
            > >
            > > Kelly

            Bill Degnan reposted this remark by "Kelly" so I don't know the details. I have need for SCSI hard drives in quantity, so "Kelly" please contact me with specifics care of my "retrotechnology.com" Web pages. Even a few hundred MB is fine. "Apple" brand prefered. Power them up and see if they don't sound like a jet engine taking off. SCSI-1, 4-inch wide please. But contact me to know what I'm looking for,. this is not the forum for such details.

            Herb Johnson
            retrotechnology.com

            Herb
          • s100doctor
            Message 5 of 8 , May 12 12:56 PM
              I need to repair a tektronix 475 portable oscilloscope. Anyone have one with a good CRT to offer, to bring to Infoage next weekend? Or ship...? This one was sold to me with a physically damaged CRT.

              herb
            • Martin A Flynn
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12 1:17 PM
                Herb,
                As a side note,  I'm pretty sure you are looking for Tektronix part number 154-0677-10

                Martin

                Message 7 of 8 , May 12 11:15 PM
                  On 05/12/2013 03:56 PM, s100doctor wrote:
                  > I need to repair a tektronix 475 portable oscilloscope. Anyone have one
                  > with a good CRT to offer, to bring to Infoage next weekend? Or ship...?
                  > This one was sold to me with a physically damaged CRT.

                  I have a 465 that's in very bad shape, really physically beat up. (no, I
                  didn't do it!) It's yours if you want it. I doubt I'll be able to make it
                  next weekend, but I'm still holding out some sort of hope.

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ