Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH surplus things for sale.

  • Cory Smelosky
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2013
      On 11 May 2013, at 01:28, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      > The upcoming repair workshop is a good opportunity for MARCH to sell
      > some surplus inventory, and for MARCHins to get good deals.
      >
      > People should email me OFF-LIST ONLY with offers of cash and/or
      > compelling trades.
      >
      > Something that immediately has my attention is a Kurzweil OCR system.
      > It's basically a DG Eclipse with a desk-sized peripheral unit. We have
      > two of these systems; one is sufficient. I figure we should keep the
      > second peripheral unit in case the first one needs parts, but, I don't
      > mind selling the main unit -- which as I said is just a rebadged DG
      > Eclipse in a rack with nice blue trim. 100% untested and as-is. So ....
      > who wants one of those?
      >
      > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
      > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?

      I'd be interested in one…but I can't make it to the repair shop, I likely don't have the spare cash, and I doubt anyone would want 6G DDR3 1033 RAM and an AM3 board. (Phenom II X6 included if you enjoy unbending a large number of severely bent pins)

      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2013
        On 05/11/2013 01:28 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
        > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?

        I don't, as I have a 128, but it is missing a keycap. I don't recall which
        one, I will have to check, but do you have any "parts" 128s that can be raped
        for a keycap?

        > We ** may ** have extra DECmates and/or Rainbows. To be determined.

        ...and remember folks, while the DECmate family was intended to be only
        dedicated word processor "appliances", the are all PDP-8s internally.

        They are based on the Intersil 6100 and 6120 chips, which are LSI
        implementations of the PDP-8 (mostly 8/e) architecture. They can run a
        version of OS/8 that has been specifically modified to run on those machines.
        Their console I/O is different from a "real" PDP-8/e, which does result in
        some software limitations, but they are indeed PDP-8s.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2013

          > On 05/11/2013 01:28 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
          > > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?
          >
          > I don't, as I have a 128, but it is missing a keycap. I don't recall which
          > one, I will have to check, but do you have any "parts" 128s that can be raped
          > for a keycap?
          >
          > > We ** may ** have extra DECmates and/or Rainbows. To be determined.

          [Dave McGuire describes DECmates.]

          Surprisingly, I'm in interested in parts for DECmates and Rainbows D Professionals at this point. Also, I need a VR201 monitor or two. It looks like I'll be able to stop by this coming weekend, I did not expect I'd be available.

          Herb Johnson
          retrotechnology.com