MARCH surplus things for sale.

    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2013
      The upcoming repair workshop is a good opportunity for MARCH to sell
      some surplus inventory, and for MARCHins to get good deals.

      People should email me OFF-LIST ONLY with offers of cash and/or
      compelling trades.

      Something that immediately has my attention is a Kurzweil OCR system.
      It's basically a DG Eclipse with a desk-sized peripheral unit. We have
      two of these systems; one is sufficient. I figure we should keep the
      second peripheral unit in case the first one needs parts, but, I don't
      mind selling the main unit -- which as I said is just a rebadged DG
      Eclipse in a rack with nice blue trim. 100% untested and as-is. So ....
      who wants one of those?

      Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
      But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?

      We ** may ** have extra DECmates and/or Rainbows. To be determined.

      We have way too many luggables! Several from Compaq and a few
      miscellaneous others. I might start evaluating them during the workshop.

      Meanwhile, if there's anything specific that MARCHins desire, it's cool
      to email me and ask if we could spare it.
    • Cory Smelosky
      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2013
        On 11 May 2013, at 01:28, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        > The upcoming repair workshop is a good opportunity for MARCH to sell
        > some surplus inventory, and for MARCHins to get good deals.
        >
        > People should email me OFF-LIST ONLY with offers of cash and/or
        > compelling trades.
        >
        > Something that immediately has my attention is a Kurzweil OCR system.
        > It's basically a DG Eclipse with a desk-sized peripheral unit. We have
        > two of these systems; one is sufficient. I figure we should keep the
        > second peripheral unit in case the first one needs parts, but, I don't
        > mind selling the main unit -- which as I said is just a rebadged DG
        > Eclipse in a rack with nice blue trim. 100% untested and as-is. So ....
        > who wants one of those?
        >
        > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
        > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?

        I'd be interested in one…but I can't make it to the repair shop, I likely don't have the spare cash, and I doubt anyone would want 6G DDR3 1033 RAM and an AM3 board. (Phenom II X6 included if you enjoy unbending a large number of severely bent pins)

        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2013
          On 05/11/2013 01:28 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
          > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?

          I don't, as I have a 128, but it is missing a keycap. I don't recall which
          one, I will have to check, but do you have any "parts" 128s that can be raped
          for a keycap?

          > We ** may ** have extra DECmates and/or Rainbows. To be determined.

          ...and remember folks, while the DECmate family was intended to be only
          dedicated word processor "appliances", the are all PDP-8s internally.

          They are based on the Intersil 6100 and 6120 chips, which are LSI
          implementations of the PDP-8 (mostly 8/e) architecture. They can run a
          version of OS/8 that has been specifically modified to run on those machines.
          Their console I/O is different from a "real" PDP-8/e, which does result in
          some software limitations, but they are indeed PDP-8s.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 4 , May 12, 2013

            > On 05/11/2013 01:28 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > > Believe it or not, we no longer have tons of extra Commodore 64 systems.
            > > But we do have plenty of 128s. Anybody want one?
            >
            > I don't, as I have a 128, but it is missing a keycap. I don't recall which
            > one, I will have to check, but do you have any "parts" 128s that can be raped
            > for a keycap?
            >
            > > We ** may ** have extra DECmates and/or Rainbows. To be determined.

            [Dave McGuire describes DECmates.]

            Surprisingly, I'm in interested in parts for DECmates and Rainbows D Professionals at this point. Also, I need a VR201 monitor or two. It looks like I'll be able to stop by this coming weekend, I did not expect I'd be available.

            Herb Johnson
            retrotechnology.com