Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: What using Google would have been like in 1960

    Message 1 of 9 , May 10 4:29 PM
      >> Hmmm. 8-bit guitar hero! I'd be willing to play that.

      It is fun...!

      >> How many voices can the C64's sound chip handle?

      I don't know. Jeff B.?
    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 9 , May 10 5:01 PM
        On May 10, 2013, at 19:29, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

        >> How many voices can the C64's sound chip handle?

        I don't know. Jeff B.?

        The SID can do three voices simultaneously. But if you're clever enough with your composition, you can make it sound like more.

        - Dave
      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 9 , May 10 5:04 PM
          On Fri, 11 May 2013, David Riley wrote:

          > On May 10, 2013, at 19:29, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
          >

          > >> How many voices can the C64's sound chip handle?
          >
          > I don't know. Jeff B.?
          >

          > The SID can do three voices simultaneously. But if you're clever enough with your composition, you can make it sound like more.

          Hmmmm.

          So it could play heavy funeral drone doom death genocide metal! It'd only
          need 3 voices playing random loud, harsh square waves anyway! ;)

          --
          Cory Smelosky
          http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff