Swap THread

    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2013

      > I have TRS-80 model III parts.
      > An HP 98xx (forget the exact model).
      > A couple of clone XTs.
      >

      > and for the OTish crowd:
      > A complete PS/2 Model 30 of some ilk.
      > I have shelves full of various disk drives from floppy drives up to 50 GB
      SCSI drives if anyone needs them. IDE drives from 100MEG to 40Gig.

      > Kelly

      I plan to bring to swap

      2 Mattel Aquarius systems with the stuff that goes with them
      3 8" disk drives, believe they are SA 800's. (or similar)
      "plus much more!" "powers up!"
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 8 , May 11, 2013
        I'm doing some thinning of the herd and intend to bring some RL02 drives. Anyone interested? Let me know - these are heavy. Heh.

        -Ian
      • David Comley
        Message 3 of 8 , May 11, 2013
          Could be. I have one that I've never used, for want of a disk pack for it.

          BTW I have some power supply caps for your BBC Model B, the X2 rated ones that are known for failing, if you want them. I picked up a model B while I was in the UK a couple of weeks back and I plan on bringing it next weekend to swap out those capacitors and maybe do a little retro-brite on the case.

          -Dave

          Brought to you by the miracle of mobile personal computing.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 11, 2013
            On 05/11/2013 06:50 AM, Mr Ian Primus wrote:
            > I'm doing some thinning of the herd and intend to bring some RL02 drives.
            > Anyone interested? Let me know - these are heavy. Heh.

            RL02s? Heavy??

            Name one other 14"-platter removable drive that a single person can lift
            and move around. ;) (RL01 doesn't count! ;))

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • s100doctor
            Message 5 of 8 , May 12, 2013

              > > I have TRS-80 model III parts.
              > > An HP 98xx (forget the exact model).
              > > A couple of clone XTs.
              > >

              > > and for the OTish crowd:
              > > A complete PS/2 Model 30 of some ilk.
              > > I have shelves full of various disk drives from floppy drives up to 50 GB
              > SCSI drives if anyone needs them. IDE drives from 100MEG to 40Gig.
              > >
              > > Kelly

              Bill Degnan reposted this remark by "Kelly" so I don't know the details. I have need for SCSI hard drives in quantity, so "Kelly" please contact me with specifics care of my "retrotechnology.com" Web pages. Even a few hundred MB is fine. "Apple" brand prefered. Power them up and see if they don't sound like a jet engine taking off. SCSI-1, 4-inch wide please. But contact me to know what I'm looking for,. this is not the forum for such details.

              Herb Johnson
              retrotechnology.com

              Herb
            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2013
                I need to repair a tektronix 475 portable oscilloscope. Anyone have one with a good CRT to offer, to bring to Infoage next weekend? Or ship...? This one was sold to me with a physically damaged CRT.

                herb
              • Martin A Flynn
                Message 7 of 8 , May 12, 2013
                  Herb,
                  As a side note,  I'm pretty sure you are looking for Tektronix part number 154-0677-10

                  Martin

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 12, 2013
                    On 05/12/2013 03:56 PM, s100doctor wrote:
                    > I need to repair a tektronix 475 portable oscilloscope. Anyone have one
                    > with a good CRT to offer, to bring to Infoage next weekend? Or ship...?
                    > This one was sold to me with a physically damaged CRT.

                    I have a 465 that's in very bad shape, really physically beat up. (no, I
                    didn't do it!) It's yours if you want it. I doubt I'll be able to make it
                    next weekend, but I'm still holding out some sort of hope.

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ