Re: FW: [midatlanticretro] Digest Number 3331

    Message 1 of 4 , May 9, 2013
      > If it has a handle and can be lifted onto a battleship with a forklift, it is portable. At least that was the military definition.

      Kidding aside, that certainly is one viable definition, and I do intend
      to include it.

      However the main focus of the book is on general-purpose computing.
      Systems on battleships, or systems such as "Flyable TRADIC" are on the
      fringes.

      > Remember the ad with a pretty young thing holding a computer case like it was a cosmetics case from about 1970?

      I don't remember. I was -4. :)

      PS, please trim replies when replying to a digest.