What am I bringing for who to VCF?

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
      I think I'm bringing the following for trades:
      Model 16b and Model II for Mike Loewen
      Model 4p and external drive for Bill D
      Wyse 50 for Jim Scheef

      Was I supposed to bring anything else for anyone? Mike, did you want
      one of the external drive units for the model II? They're big and
      heavy, and if emptied, could be used for a small dog coop.

      Kelly
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2006
        Before I put it on Ebay, is anyone interested in trading for a HP
        Portable 110 system? It has a 9114 diskette unit, and a 2225B Thinkjet
        printer and two power packs. Unfortunately, I don't have any HP-IL cables
        for it, to link the peripherals.

        http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=48

        The 110 works, although the internal battery is of course, dead.

        I'm interested in a Tandy 6000HD, a TRS-80 Model I expansion
        interface, an Osborne Vixen (yeah, right), or most any 8-bit CP/M system.
        See my collection page for my interests.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2006
          > ...is anyone interested in trading for a HP Portable 110 system?
          > It has a 9114 diskette unit, and a 2225B Thinkjet

          <seeking>
          It would be nice if there were any higher level HP-IL
          software for the 110, like for controlling lab devices, etc.
          I'm not aware that any ever even existed, except for
          the calculators: HP41C,HP75, etc.
          </seek>

          John A.
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 23, 2006
            John,

            I have a pretty good HP Portable collection but the HP-IL to HP-IB interface
            is one peripheral I never found. The 110 has BASIC in ROM but for some reason
            it is PC-compatible Ms-BASIC rather than HP BASIC. There was a third-party
            BASIC sold for the 150 and 110 (go figure) that was billed as HP
            BASIC-compatible for controlling laboratory devices, but people always wanted
            money for it.

            HP-IL cables are probably going to be the hardest to find parts for the 110.

            Jim