T-shirts! Get yer MARCH t-shirts!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2006
      Hi all,

      Tonight I set up a CafePress.com account for our club. (For those who
      aren't familiar, CafePress is an on-demand printing company. They put your
      graphic file onto anything -- shirts, mugs, even women's thongs! They use
      modern technology to produce good merchandise inexpensively.)

      There will be links to our CafePress affilliate store from our Yahoo group
      and from our club's web site (midatlanticretro.org if you've forgotten,
      although not much is there yet), and if I understand this correctly, our
      club will get 20% of all payments.

      But first I wanted to conduct a test. So I logged in and ordered a simple
      white t-shirt with our logo on the front and our URL on the back. It cost
      $14 (that's for a "Hanes Beefy" shirt; they also have el-cheapo versions)
      plus a few dollars for S/H. Orders of 15+ get us a $4-$5 discount per unit.

      The shirt should arrive here by Friday or Saturday. If all goes well, then
      I'll post the link with a variety of merchandise to choose from (such as
      t-shirts and sweatshirts in men's/women's/children's styles) ... could also
      make mousepads, tote bags, magnets, buttons, etc.... Of course anyone can
      log on to cafepress.com and look at the general product selection and then
      make suggestions about what we should offer.

      I'm excited and really looking forward to getting this t-shirt. Will let
      you all know the (hopefully) good news as soon as it gets here.

      - Evan
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006

        To start, I listed a men's white t-shirt and women's white t-shirt (in adult/kid sizes), a khaki baseball hat, and a mousepad.  All items are $3 over the base price.  That's our club profit.  So let the buying begin!

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2006
          Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > http://www.cafepress.com/marchclubstore
          >
          > To start, I listed a men's white t-shirt and women's white t-shirt (in
          > adult/kid sizes), a khaki baseball hat, and a mousepad. All items are
          > $3 over the base price. That's our club profit. So let the buying begin!

          Hooray! Yet another way to go broke!
        • Greg N Shari
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 17, 2006
            How about adding a coffee mug? I know I would pick up a couple of those.

            Greg

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 17, 2006
              Done!

              I added a large mug and a small one.  I also added a button, a rectangular magnet, and an oval sticker.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 17, 2006
                Also, the less expensive items (buttons, magnets, stickers) have an appropriately lesser mark-up price of $1-$2.