Re: [midatlanticretro] Craigslist listing for SUN fans

    Message 1 of 10 , May 3, 2013
      On 05/03/2013 01:24 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:

      > Are they as abundant as pentium 4 systems though?

      In my world, they are far more common. In the general pedestrian
      world, not so much.

      >>> I can see around 10 for sale on E-Bay in a wide range of prices ,
      >>> configurations and conditions...
      >>> .. so possibly approaching "Vintage" but rare?
      >>>
      >>> Nope
      >>
      >> Not even close.
      >
      > I hope the pentium 4 never becomes vintage...

      It will, in another twenty years.

      But it will never, ever have "class".

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Cory Smelosky
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2013
        On Fri, 3 May 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

        >> Are they as abundant as pentium 4 systems though?
        >
        > In my world, they are far more common. In the general pedestrian
        > world, not so much.

        Understandable. You have about ten of everything. ;)

        >>> Not even close.
        >>
        >> I hope the pentium 4 never becomes vintage...
        >
        > It will, in another twenty years.

        I will skip collecting them. I don't collect x86 stuff post-PII

        > But it will never, ever have "class".

        Thankfully. I've heard of murderers with more class than a pentium 4
        system. ;)

        > -Dave
        >
        > --
        > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > New Kensington, PA

        Cory Smelosky
        http://gewt.net/ Personal stuff
        http://gimme-sympathy.org Experiments
        Message 3 of 10 , May 3, 2013

          > I hope the pentium 4 never becomes vintage...

          Drum roll please....