Re: [midatlanticretro] Unibus or Q-Bus Systems?

    Message 1 of 42 , May 3 9:56 AM
      On 05/03/2013 12:51 PM, tedheadster wrote:
      > I think I found it, or at least a start:
      >
      > $ MOUNT/FOREIGN DKA200:
      >
      > $ BACKUP/LOG/IMAGE/IGNORE=INTERLOCK DKA100: DKA200:
      >
      > $ DISMOUNT DKA200:

      No, I'm pretty sure that won't do what you want. That's for
      processing FILES-11 volumes, and for one thing, it rewrites the files to
      be contiguous...so it directly manipulates objects at the filesystem
      level. (that's how we used to de-fragment disk volumes Back In The Day(tm))

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 42 of 42 , May 3 6:33 PM
        On 05/03/2013 08:05 PM, Vince Fleming wrote:
        > They were really popular with managers at Bell Labs and other areas of
        > AT&T - I remember my manager at AT&T International had one around 1997,
        > too. Many managers had them.

        I don't blame them! Great stuff.

        > It would be typical that AT&T would design something and they be the only
        > ones that ever bought them. :)

        That's actually a reasonable business model for a company the size of AT&T. ;)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ