Re: Samsung 12mhz 286 and Windows 286

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2006
      I have the demo MS Excel that came with the Windows 286 software,
      and have installed/tested. The product literature talks about how
      this is a great new alternative to Lotus, etc. There is also an ad
      for Genie online service but I don't have the disk. Windows 286 is
      worthless without expanded memory.

      I have an expanded memory card that I could install, but I will keep
      the box as-is. TO get the computer working I had to take apart the
      diskette drive and clean the heads to restore functionality. For
      the record the hard drive is type 31. Aside from the disk drive
      issue, the computer itself is in pretty good shape. It's a model
      SD630.

      Bill D

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Jim Scheef <jscheef@...>