Unibus or Q-Bus Systems?

  • tedheadster
    Message 1 of 42 , May 3, 2013
      Does anybody going to the May 18-19 event have working Unibus or Q-Bus system? It would be preferable to be running a Unix variant, but VMS would probably work too. I have a working 2.11 BSD Unix image created under SIMH, and it is just plain simpler to image the disk from a working system, rather than go through a tape bootstrap.

      - Matthew W

      Message 42 of 42 , May 3, 2013
        On 05/03/2013 08:05 PM, Vince Fleming wrote:
        > They were really popular with managers at Bell Labs and other areas of
        > AT&T - I remember my manager at AT&T International had one around 1997,
        > too. Many managers had them.

        I don't blame them! Great stuff.

        > It would be typical that AT&T would design something and they be the only
        > ones that ever bought them. :)

        That's actually a reasonable business model for a company the size of AT&T. ;)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ