Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Anyone have a source for 5 1/4 hard sector floppy disks

  • telmnstr
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
      > Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

      5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
      IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.

      I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
      response from the people that make them.
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
        On 04/30/2013 10:47 PM, telmnstr@... wrote:
        >> Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.
        >
        > 5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
        > IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.
        >
        > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
        > response from the people that make them.

        You can always use one of the punches with soft-sectored media. Dwight
        Elvey made the last batch, I think. They're really well-made.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
          > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
          > response from the people that make them.

          Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • telmnstr
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 2013
            > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
            > Thanks,
            > Jonathan

            What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
            navigate :-)
          • J. Alexander Jacocks
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5, 2013
              On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, <telmnstr@...> wrote:

              > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
              > Thanks,
              > Jonathan

              What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
              navigate :-)

              The group is called N8VEM (http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/4200908/FrontPage).  I'm a member, there.

              Good luck!
              - Alex