Re: Anyone have a source for 5 1/4 hard sector floppy disks

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
      Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

      Cheers
      Corey

      > On 04/28/2013 02:08 PM, corey986 wrote:
      > > I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.
      > >
      > > I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.
      >
      > Athana still makes them, I believe.
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > --
      > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > New Kensington, PA

    • telmnstr
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
        > Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

        5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
        IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.

        I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
        response from the people that make them.
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
          On 04/30/2013 10:47 PM, telmnstr@... wrote:
          >> Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.
          >
          > 5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
          > IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.
          >
          > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
          > response from the people that make them.

          You can always use one of the punches with soft-sectored media. Dwight
          Elvey made the last batch, I think. They're really well-made.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Systems Glitch
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
            > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
            > response from the people that make them.

            Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.

            Thanks,
            Jonathan
          • telmnstr
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5 4:48 PM
              > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
              > Thanks,
              > Jonathan

              What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
              navigate :-)
            • J. Alexander Jacocks
              Message 6 of 9 , May 5 5:13 PM
                On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, <telmnstr@...> wrote:

                > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                > Thanks,
                > Jonathan

                What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                navigate :-)

                The group is called N8VEM (http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/4200908/FrontPage).  I'm a member, there.

                Good luck!
                - Alex