Re: [midatlanticretro] Someone posted Pictures from VCF SE

  • Kyle Owen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
      It was impressive, indeed. There were about 300 adults Saturday, and maybe 400 Sunday. With all of the kids, I'd say the total number of people probably pushed into the 900s. Someone brought out an ASR-33 and let me put it by my table. The kids really loved that one. We gave them paper tape slips after they punched a few words and fed it back in the reader. There was also a soldering area to put together a basic ATtiny microcontroller circuit with a few LEDs that blink. That was probably the star attraction of the show for the kids; that and the gaming area.

      Many people enjoyed seeing my in-progress Altair 8800b. It was one of the few computers on my table that sparked a lot of conversation. I also brought some new N8VEM S-100 boards, which surprised many early enthusiasts that the bus still has a strong following.

      The 1961 tic-tac-toe computer was certainly the noisiest computer of the bunch. Every time they fired it up, it would draw a crowd as it "kerchunked" away. My SWTPC 6800 playing the same game, not so much. :)

      With the success of the first, I'd say we will be planning for VCFSE 1.0.7_rc8 (or 2.0) for next year.

      Glad you enjoyed the pictures!

      Kyle

      On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

      I must say, impressive.. Very impressive.
      http://imgur.com/a/9zXkm

      Kudos to the team that put it together. I wish I could have been there.

    • corey986
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
        I keep forgetting to post up my pics I took. I have to reduce the size first. Hopefully I will get a chance to do that later this week

        Cheers,
        Corey

        > It was impressive, indeed. There were about 300 adults Saturday, and maybe
        > 400 Sunday. With all of the kids, I'd say the total number of people
        > probably pushed into the 900s. Someone brought out an ASR-33 and let me put
        > it by my table. The kids really loved that one. We gave them paper tape
        > slips after they punched a few words and fed it back in the reader. There
        > was also a soldering area to put together a basic ATtiny microcontroller
        > circuit with a few LEDs that blink. That was probably the star attraction
        > of the show for the kids; that and the gaming area.
        >
        > Many people enjoyed seeing my in-progress Altair 8800b. It was one of the
        > few computers on my table that sparked a lot of conversation. I also
        > brought some new N8VEM S-100 boards, which surprised many early enthusiasts
        > that the bus still has a strong following.
        >
        > The 1961 tic-tac-toe computer was certainly the noisiest computer of the
        > bunch. Every time they fired it up, it would draw a crowd as it
        > "kerchunked" away. My SWTPC 6800 playing the same game, not so much. :)
        >
        > With the success of the first, I'd say we will be planning for VCFSE
        > 1.0.7_rc8 (or 2.0) for next year.
        >
        > Glad you enjoyed the pictures!
        >
        > Kyle
        >

        > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Christian Liendo <
        > christian_liendo@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I must say, impressive.. Very impressive.
        > > http://imgur.com/a/9zXkm
        > >
        > > Kudos to the team that put it together. I wish I could have been there.

      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013

          hey those T-shirts look familiar ;)

          Dan

           _  ____
          / \__/
          Scotty, We Need More Power !!
          \_/ _\__ Aye, Cap'n, but we've only got 80 col's !