RE: [midatlanticretro] Anyone have a source for 5 1/4 hard sector floppy disks

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2013
      I'll bring the punch on 5/18 if you want to try it.

      Kelly

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
        Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

        Cheers
        Corey

        > On 04/28/2013 02:08 PM, corey986 wrote:
        > > I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.
        > >
        > > I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.
        >
        > Athana still makes them, I believe.
        >
        > -Dave
        >
        > --
        > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > New Kensington, PA

      • telmnstr
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
          > Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

          5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
          IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.

          I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
          response from the people that make them.
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
            On 04/30/2013 10:47 PM, telmnstr@... wrote:
            >> Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.
            >
            > 5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
            > IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.
            >
            > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
            > response from the people that make them.

            You can always use one of the punches with soft-sectored media. Dwight
            Elvey made the last batch, I think. They're really well-made.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Systems Glitch
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
              > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
              > response from the people that make them.

              Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.

              Thanks,
              Jonathan
            • telmnstr
              Message 6 of 9 , May 5, 2013
                > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                > Thanks,
                > Jonathan

                What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                navigate :-)
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2013
                  On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, <telmnstr@...> wrote:

                  > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Jonathan

                  What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                  navigate :-)

                  The group is called N8VEM (http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/4200908/FrontPage).  I'm a member, there.

                  Good luck!
                  - Alex