Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone have a source for 5 1/4 hard sector floppy disks

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
      On 04/28/2013 02:08 PM, corey986 wrote:
      > I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.
      >
      > I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.

      Athana still makes them, I believe.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 29, 2013
        I'll bring the punch on 5/18 if you want to try it.

        Kelly

        I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.

        I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.

        Thanks,
        Corey
      • corey986
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
          Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

          Cheers
          Corey

          > On 04/28/2013 02:08 PM, corey986 wrote:
          > > I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.
          > >
          > > I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.
          >
          > Athana still makes them, I believe.
          >
          > -Dave
          >
          > --
          > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          > New Kensington, PA

        • telmnstr
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
            > Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

            5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
            IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.

            I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
            response from the people that make them.
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
              On 04/30/2013 10:47 PM, telmnstr@... wrote:
              >> Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.
              >
              > 5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
              > IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.
              >
              > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
              > response from the people that make them.

              You can always use one of the punches with soft-sectored media. Dwight
              Elvey made the last batch, I think. They're really well-made.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • Systems Glitch
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
                > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
                > response from the people that make them.

                Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.

                Thanks,
                Jonathan
              • telmnstr
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2013
                  > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Jonathan

                  What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                  navigate :-)
                • J. Alexander Jacocks
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5, 2013
                    On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, <telmnstr@...> wrote:

                    > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Jonathan

                    What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                    navigate :-)

                    The group is called N8VEM (http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/4200908/FrontPage).  I'm a member, there.

                    Good luck!
                    - Alex