Anyone have a source for 5 1/4 hard sector floppy disks

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
      I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.

      I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.

      Thanks,
      Corey
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
        On 04/28/2013 02:08 PM, corey986 wrote:
        > I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.
        >
        > I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.

        Athana still makes them, I believe.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Kelly D. Leavitt
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 29, 2013
          I'll bring the punch on 5/18 if you want to try it.

          Kelly

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
            Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

            Cheers
            Corey

            > On 04/28/2013 02:08 PM, corey986 wrote:
            > > I need some for my Northstar setup on my Sol-20.
            > >
            > > I'd be willing to buy bulk, I just have no idea who may still carry them (or make them). A group buy would be welcome if we find a source and others need them.
            >
            > Athana still makes them, I believe.
            >
            > -Dave
            >
            > --
            > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            > New Kensington, PA

          • telmnstr
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
              > Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.

              5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
              IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.

              I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
              response from the people that make them.
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
                On 04/30/2013 10:47 PM, telmnstr@... wrote:
                >> Thanks, I grabbed four boxes of 10 from them. That should last me a bit.
                >
                > 5.25" ? How expensive are they? I have a Northstar disk controller in an
                > IMSAI 8080 and was fearing that I'd need to shift to a new controller.
                >
                > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
                > response from the people that make them.

                You can always use one of the punches with soft-sectored media. Dwight
                Elvey made the last batch, I think. They're really well-made.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • Systems Glitch
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
                  > I actually want one of the CF card / SD card controllers but never got a
                  > response from the people that make them.

                  Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.

                  Thanks,
                  Jonathan
                • telmnstr
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5 4:48 PM
                    > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                    > Thanks,
                    > Jonathan

                    What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                    navigate :-)
                  • J. Alexander Jacocks
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 5 5:13 PM
                      On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:48 PM, <telmnstr@...> wrote:

                      > Andrew Lynch has more of the S-100 IDE boards currently. Check their Google Group.
                      > Thanks,
                      > Jonathan

                      What's the name of the Google Plus group? That thing is such a pain to
                      navigate :-)

                      The group is called N8VEM (http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/page/4200908/FrontPage).  I'm a member, there.

                      Good luck!
                      - Alex