Re: [midatlanticretro] May 18th-19th event

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 26, 2013
      On 04/26/2013 09:15 PM, David Riley wrote:
      >> I new the TS were different but haven't actually used one. I am familiar
      >> with the nickname TS drives had or was that just for particular models? I
      >> have a servo Emerald Systems/Qualstar but I haven't had to do much with it.
      >
      > I don't know about any other TS drives (if there were any, even), but
      > the TS05 is a straight-up Cipher F880, and the TSV05 controller card
      > is a pretty straightforward QBUS Pertec controller (I seem to remember
      > hearing it was a rebadged Dilog design, but I wouldn't swear to it).
      > It's register-compatible with the TS11 controller, with I think a few
      > enhancements to it.

      It is indeed a re-badged Dilog board. If I'm not mistaken, it's a DQ132.

      > I know at least some of the members on this list can write -11
      > bootable 9-tracks, but I don't know if they're coming. I forgot to
      > specify 1600 BPI; that would be ideal. The drive theoretically
      > does 800, but I've never tried it, and it doesn't support the
      > non-standard 3200 BPI that some of the real F880s did.

      I can, and will try to come. Dave G sounds like more of a definite though.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 27, 2013
        *sigh* Looks like I forgot a commitment I had on the 18th. So, looks like I'll be there the 19th, then. That might work out a bit better, though, since I can be there early-ish (about 9 AM?) on the 19th and it sounds like a lot of folks will already be there.

        - Dave