Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH shirts?

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
      On 04/26/2013 03:10 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:
      > Collared Polo is my first preference. Any shade of blue.
      >
      > Just don't ever make me think of any of you guys in a thong ever again.

      MARCH thongs!!

      --
      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
        >> MARCH thongs!!

        ...Anyway :) suppose you had to choose between a tee and a polo... which would it be?
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
          Thinking aloud: our logo wouldn't look good on a polo. Also, tees cost less.
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
            On 04/26/2013 03:22 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>> MARCH thongs!!
            >
            > ...Anyway :) suppose you had to choose between a tee and a polo... which would it be?

            I like both, but would generally prefer a polo.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • David Riley
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
              On Apr 26, 2013, at 3:23 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

              > Thinking aloud: our logo wouldn't look good on a polo. Also, tees cost less.

              Rugby shirts are much nicer for putting logos on, and they're otherwise polo style (finer grain fabric). However, I suspect they're even more expensive than polos. I'd be cool with a T-shirt.

              - Dave
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                Polos are better than Ts

                Personally I would have said bowling shirts or Workshirts
              • Jason Howe
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                  On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  > While putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes, it occurred to me that we should all get nice MARCH shirts.
                  >
                  > What would ya'll prefer -- tees or collared polos? What color? Center logo, left breast logo? Blank rear or some design?
                  >
                  > If enough people give their opinions within a few days, then maybe we can get shirts in time for May 18-19.
                  >
                  > My preference is a middle-color tee, because I already have too many black tees and white tees. Royal blue seems appropriate with a big MARCH logo across the chest.
                  >
                  > Or we could get a paper tape design printed onto G-strings / thongs. Mike Loewen should be the model.
                  >
                  > Of course, the choice is entire up to you guys.

                  It depends. I'd go left breast logo with a polo, either front or
                  rear big logo with a t-shirt.

                  Also if we're doing a presentation somewhere or have a table at an
                  event, a MARCH Polo would look much nicer.

                  Finally, I'd love to wear a MARCH polo to work, but won't wear a tee
                  shrit to work.

                  Either way, I'm in.

                  --
                  Jason

                  Sent from Alpine
                • David Gesswein
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                    On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 07:03:05PM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                    > While putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes, it
                    > occurred to me that we should all get nice MARCH shirts.

                    I have plenty of tshirts so not really looking to get more.
                  • Dan Roganti
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013

                      Polo !!
                      with any of the darker hues.
                      left chest logo only.

                      But since the present logo may not be suitable to shrink to fit that small size, since it's difficult to retain the detailed artwork, you might want to consider a new version specific for polo shirts.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                        Okay, popular vote indicates polo shirts.

                        I will start working on that right away.
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                          Guys,

                          I went too far in my comment about Mike. ML, I apologize to you.

                          Mike took the time to make * this * version of a paper tape over a MARCH
                          member's sensitive parts. Point taken!

                          http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Koblentz1.jpg
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                            As the alien in the Catina said to Han and Chewie ... "Solo". Which rhymes
                            with polo. I have way too many black t-shirts.

                            > > ...Anyway :) suppose you had to choose between a tee and a polo...
                            which would it be?

                            > I like both, but would generally prefer a polo.
                            >
                            > -Dave
                            >
                            > --
                            > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                            > New Kensington, PA

                          • Bryan Pope
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                              On 4/26/2013 4:53 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                              Guys,

                              I went too far in my comment about Mike. ML, I apologize to you.

                              Mike took the time to make * this * version of a paper tape over a MARCH
                              member's sensitive parts. Point taken!

                              http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Koblentz1.jpg

                              _

                              The not-so-scary Evan Bane! :p

                              Cheers,

                              Bryan

                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                                On 04/26/2013 04:53 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                > I went too far in my comment about Mike. ML, I apologize to you.

                                I'd be rather surprised if anyone here was quite THAT uppity. ;)

                                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ