MARCH shirts?

    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
      While putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes, it occurred to me that we should all get nice MARCH shirts.

      What would ya'll prefer -- tees or collared polos? What color? Center logo, left breast logo? Blank rear or some design?

      If enough people give their opinions within a few days, then maybe we can get shirts in time for May 18-19.

      My preference is a middle-color tee, because I already have too many black tees and white tees. Royal blue seems appropriate with a big MARCH logo across the chest.

      Or we could get a paper tape design printed onto G-strings / thongs. Mike Loewen should be the model.

      Of course, the choice is entire up to you guys.
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
        Collared Polo is my first preference. Any shade of blue.

        Just don't ever make me think of any of you guys in a thong ever again.

        Kelly
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
          On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          While putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes, it occurred to me that we should all get nice MARCH shirts.

          What would ya'll prefer -- tees or collared polos? What color? Center logo, left breast logo? Blank rear or some design?

          If enough people give their opinions within a few days, then maybe we can get shirts in time for May 18-19.

          My preference is a middle-color tee, because I already have too many black tees and white tees. Royal blue seems appropriate with a big MARCH logo across the chest.

          Or we could get a paper tape design printed onto G-strings / thongs. Mike Loewen should be the model.

          Of course, the choice is entire up to you guys.

          My vote would be for a polo shirt.  I'm not much of a t-shirt wearer.

          Make sure that whatever you get, it comes in big and tall sizes, since I'm both.

          - Alex
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
            On 04/26/2013 03:10 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:
            > Collared Polo is my first preference. Any shade of blue.
            >
            > Just don't ever make me think of any of you guys in a thong ever again.

            MARCH thongs!!

            --
            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
              >> MARCH thongs!!

              ...Anyway :) suppose you had to choose between a tee and a polo... which would it be?
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                Thinking aloud: our logo wouldn't look good on a polo. Also, tees cost less.
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                  On 04/26/2013 03:22 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  >>> MARCH thongs!!
                  >
                  > ...Anyway :) suppose you had to choose between a tee and a polo... which would it be?

                  I like both, but would generally prefer a polo.

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  New Kensington, PA
                • David Riley
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                    On Apr 26, 2013, at 3:23 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                    > Thinking aloud: our logo wouldn't look good on a polo. Also, tees cost less.

                    Rugby shirts are much nicer for putting logos on, and they're otherwise polo style (finer grain fabric). However, I suspect they're even more expensive than polos. I'd be cool with a T-shirt.

                    - Dave
                  • Christian Liendo
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                      Polos are better than Ts

                      Personally I would have said bowling shirts or Workshirts
                    • Jason Howe
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                        On Fri, 26 Apr 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                        > While putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes, it occurred to me that we should all get nice MARCH shirts.
                        >
                        > What would ya'll prefer -- tees or collared polos? What color? Center logo, left breast logo? Blank rear or some design?
                        >
                        > If enough people give their opinions within a few days, then maybe we can get shirts in time for May 18-19.
                        >
                        > My preference is a middle-color tee, because I already have too many black tees and white tees. Royal blue seems appropriate with a big MARCH logo across the chest.
                        >
                        > Or we could get a paper tape design printed onto G-strings / thongs. Mike Loewen should be the model.
                        >
                        > Of course, the choice is entire up to you guys.

                        It depends. I'd go left breast logo with a polo, either front or
                        rear big logo with a t-shirt.

                        Also if we're doing a presentation somewhere or have a table at an
                        event, a MARCH Polo would look much nicer.

                        Finally, I'd love to wear a MARCH polo to work, but won't wear a tee
                        shrit to work.

                        Either way, I'm in.

                        --
                        Jason

                        Sent from Alpine
                      • David Gesswein
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                          On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 07:03:05PM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                          > While putting away winter clothes and taking out summer clothes, it
                          > occurred to me that we should all get nice MARCH shirts.

                          I have plenty of tshirts so not really looking to get more.
                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013

                            Polo !!
                            with any of the darker hues.
                            left chest logo only.

                            But since the present logo may not be suitable to shrink to fit that small size, since it's difficult to retain the detailed artwork, you might want to consider a new version specific for polo shirts.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                              Okay, popular vote indicates polo shirts.

                              I will start working on that right away.
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                                Guys,

                                I went too far in my comment about Mike. ML, I apologize to you.

                                Mike took the time to make * this * version of a paper tape over a MARCH
                                member's sensitive parts. Point taken!

                                http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Koblentz1.jpg
                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                                  As the alien in the Catina said to Han and Chewie ... "Solo". Which rhymes
                                  with polo. I have way too many black t-shirts.

                                  > > ...Anyway :) suppose you had to choose between a tee and a polo...
                                  which would it be?

                                  > I like both, but would generally prefer a polo.
                                  >
                                  > -Dave
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                                  > New Kensington, PA

                                • Bryan Pope
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                                    On 4/26/2013 4:53 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                                    Guys,

                                    I went too far in my comment about Mike. ML, I apologize to you.

                                    Mike took the time to make * this * version of a paper tape over a MARCH
                                    member's sensitive parts. Point taken!

                                    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Koblentz1.jpg

                                    _

                                    The not-so-scary Evan Bane! :p

                                    Cheers,

                                    Bryan

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 26, 2013
                                      On 04/26/2013 04:53 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                      > I went too far in my comment about Mike. ML, I apologize to you.

                                      I'd be rather surprised if anyone here was quite THAT uppity. ;)

                                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ