RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Hi guys...

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2006
      >>> If you want to test the route, I suggest you get a standard-size door, and use it as a life-size template - try to carry it *flat and horizontal* from the dock to the exhibit area. If the door makes it, my gear should. If it gets stuck in a bend, my exhibits probably will too.

      Good idea. Will do ASAP.

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 12, 2006
        Good news!  Today I went down to InfoAge and did a little test.  I cut a piece of cardboard into a 73x31-inch rectangle and successfully navigated the 90-degree left turn at the top of our loading ramp and also the door between their and the exhibit room without any problems.  Also, the InfoAge folks confirmed that putting weight on the exhibit room floor isn't a problem.  So, Mike, we're all set to accept your IBM exhibit.  A big relief!

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 13, 2006
          Hello everyone,

          Sunday is the last day you can order your 2-day ticket for TCF online at the
          reduced price. See you there?

          www.tcf-nj.org

          Jim
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 13, 2006
            Jim Scheef wrote:
            > Hello everyone,
            >
            > Sunday is the last day you can order your 2-day ticket for TCF online at the
            > reduced price. See you there?
            >
            > www.tcf-nj.org
            >
            > Jim

            Jim,

            Thanks for this reminder!! :-) My 2-day ticket is now on its way....

            Evan,

            I plan to be at the TCF for both days so I could help out at our
            booth anytime you needed me to. (Of course I would need some time to
            look around! ;-) )

            All,

            Is there a gathering planned for after the show Saturday?

            Cheers,

            Bryan
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 13, 2006
              I was going to send an update about TCF, so now's a good time.

              They sent me one guest pass since I'm speaking both days.  One of ya'll can have it.   I requested more passes and we'll see if they come through.

              Where we'll be on the show floor is not yet final but hopefully we'll know next week.  I'll also hopefully have the details of our space, etc. ... all I requested in one or two simple tables and basic electricity.  If we have three or four simple computers on our table, that should give people a basic idea of what we do.

              As with last year, let's definitely have a MARCH social event Saturday night.  We can plan that on-site.

              I hope we have three or four people each day, so that some of us can check out the show without ever leaving our club table empty.  I suspect this will be more of an issue on Sunday.

              is the last day you can order your 2-day ticket for TCF online at the

              reduced price. See you there?

              > www.tcf-nj.org

              Jim

              Jim,

                  Thanks for this reminder!! :-)   My 2-day ticket is now on its way....

              Evan,

                  I plan to be at the TCF for both days so I could help out at our
              booth anytime you needed me to.  (Of course I would need some time to
              look around! ;-) )

              All,

                  Is there a gathering planned for after the show Saturday?

              Cheers,

              Bryan

            • Chris M
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 13, 2006
                do you have to use that paypal crap to order them?
                They used to mail me a thingee. I hope I can do it
                over the phone with a cc...
                --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                <bryan.pope@...> wrote:
                > Jim Scheef wrote:
                > > Hello everyone,
                > >
                > > Sunday is the last day you can order your 2-day
                ticket for TCF online at the
                > > reduced price. See you there?
                > >
                > > www.tcf-nj.org
                > >
                > > Jim
                > >

                > Jim,
                >
                > Thanks for this reminder!! :-) My 2-day ticket
                is now on its way....

                > Evan,
                >
                > I plan to be at the TCF for both days so I could
                help out at our
                > booth anytime you needed me to. (Of course I would
                need some time to
                > look around! ;-) )
                >
                > All,
                >
                > Is there a gathering planned for after the show
                Saturday?

                > Cheers,
                >
                > Bryan

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Gene Ehrich
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 13, 2006
                  I have four of them and they all look good.
                  Just the consoles.
                  No way to test them.
                  In Spring Hill Florida.

                  Would anybody like to make me an offer for them?

                  Plus shipping of course

                  Paypal, cash, check or money order
                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 22, 2008

                    > > The power supplies get very hot, and they go bad a lot. Getting 4 is
                    > > good, you'll go through them like light bulbs. I have a few decked-out
                    > > Expansion Unit systems. If you're into TI's that's the way to go.
                    > > Diskette drive storage on a TI 99 makes it such a better system. They
                    > > have those wonderful graphics for a 1979 computer. I have not set my
                    > > system up in a year or more, maybe I will take it out and make sure it's
                    > > all in working order. Bill
                    >
                    > That's odd - from what I can see they just put out 18VAC and 8VAC
                    > (maybe only 18 on the beige models). Must be a bad design.

                    they get really hot when they're going bad.
                    bd
                  • Bill Degnan
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 22, 2008

                      > > Thats good to know. I bought a TI 99/4a as well at VCF with no
                      > > power supply. I thought the machine with the expansion chasis for
                      > > sale was a TI 994 though, not a 4a?
                      >
                      > The one I got (with the expansion box) was a beige 4A, which is
                      > described as the "cost-reduced" version: all-plastic case and cheaper to
                      > manufacture.

                      and rarer, only sold in the USA
                    • Stan Brewer
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 22, 2008
                        Sounds like they don't put out enough current for the job.
                        The TI-99/4A was my first home computer.  Never got the expansion unit.
                        Does the expansion unit get it's power from the console?

                                                  Stan

                        Bill Degnan wrote:

                        > > The power supplies get very hot, and they go bad a lot. Getting 4 is
                        > > good, you'll go through them like light bulbs. I have a few decked-out
                        > > Expansion Unit systems. If you're into TI's that's the way to go.
                        > > Diskette drive storage on a TI 99 makes it such a better system. They
                        > > have those wonderful graphics for a 1979 computer. I have not set my
                        > > system up in a year or more, maybe I will take it out and make sure it's
                        > > all in working order. Bill
                        >
                        > That's odd - from what I can see they just put out 18VAC and 8VAC
                        > (maybe only 18 on the beige models). Must be a bad design.

                        they get really hot when they're going bad.
                        bd

                      • Mike Loewen
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 22, 2008
                          On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Stan Brewer wrote:

                          > Sounds like they don't put out enough current for the job.
                          > The TI-99/4A was my first home computer. Never got the expansion unit.
                          > Does the expansion unit get it's power from the console?

                          No, the box has its own power supply.

                          Mike Loewen mloewen@...