In other, non-controversial MARCH news...

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      We're doing another TV prop deal. Selling a few surplus 8-bit systems to a company in Atlanta. They were so desperate for help that they begged me to personally drive the equipment down there! I convinced them that overnight UPS is more sensible. I will send details about the TV show when they become available.

      These deals are terrific for us, because they make substantial revenue (think dozens of more shelving units); they clear space (solves the problem of why'd we collect so many C-64s in the first place); and each deal becomes a reference for the next.
    • m
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
        > We're doing another TV prop deal. Selling a few surplus 8-bit systems to a company in Atlanta. They were so desperate for help that they begged me to personally drive the equipment down there! I convinced them that overnight UPS is more sensible. I will send details about the TV show when they become available.

        If MARCH and it's members want to do more of this sort of thing, I recommend that MARCH registers with the following agencies in the local area:

        njfilm.org NJ Motion Picture & Film Commission
        www.film.org Greater Philadelphia Film Office
        www.nyc.gov/html/film/html/home/home.shtml The NY Film, Theatre and Broadcasting Office

        They could also probably advise on various aspects of how to deal with the industry, other opportunities, etc.

        --
        MS
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2013
          >> If MARCH and it's members want to do more of this sort of thing, I recommend that MARCH registers with the following agencies

          Interesting! Thanks for the tip.