Re: Unassembled Altair on eBay

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 22, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Michael Lee <mikelee@...> wrote:

      > Followup: Upon further review, appears the auctions might be real, but
      > proceed with caution and of course if you get a second chance offer, do
      > not respond there.

      I do not like nor believe the 2nd chance offer is a fair option.
      It could be a way to milk your proximity bid to your maximum.

      An example.
      Item opens at $10
      Bidder 1 offers $20, Item at $10
      Bidder 2 offers $40, Item at $20.50 (next increment after Bidder 1)
      Bidder 3 offers $500, Item at $41

      Bidder 3 is a fake account used to defraud Bidder 2.
      Seller then offers 2nd chance to Bidder 2 for $40 (not the $20.50).

      Ebay has their share of scammers and undesirables, beware.

      :)J