Re: [midatlanticretro] Unassembled Altair on eBay

  • Michael Lee
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 22 6:58 AM
      Followup:  Upon further review, appears the auctions might be real, but proceed with caution and of course if you get a second chance offer, do not respond there.

      On 4/22/2013 8:37 AM, Michael Lee wrote:

      FYI, if anyone bid or won this item or the PDP 8/e this seller has listed, most likely the auctions are fraudulent.  I had put a low ball bid for fun, and I received a forged "Second Chance Offer" e-mail for it.  Typical eBay scam.

    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 22 7:11 AM
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Michael Lee <mikelee@...> wrote:

        > Followup: Upon further review, appears the auctions might be real, but
        > proceed with caution and of course if you get a second chance offer, do
        > not respond there.

        I do not like nor believe the 2nd chance offer is a fair option.
        It could be a way to milk your proximity bid to your maximum.

        An example.
        Item opens at $10
        Bidder 1 offers $20, Item at $10
        Bidder 2 offers $40, Item at $20.50 (next increment after Bidder 1)
        Bidder 3 offers $500, Item at $41

        Bidder 3 is a fake account used to defraud Bidder 2.
        Seller then offers 2nd chance to Bidder 2 for $40 (not the $20.50).

        Ebay has their share of scammers and undesirables, beware.

        :)J