Re: [midatlanticretro] Neat link -- AT&T Holmdel computer center, circa 1973

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2013
      Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >>> I loved seeing how they loaded the disk packs. ... This is the first
      >
      >time I have seen they actually working and being used.
      >
      >Not true -- remember Dave McGuire's PDP-11/70 exhibit at VCF East last
      >year? He was right across the row from your exhibit.
      >
      >But ... your comment gave me an idea!!! Stay tuned. :)

      I thought he used more modern storage.
      --
      Sent from my PDP 8/e.
    • Brian Roth
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2013
        I love this one. It has footage of the Burroughs B205 in operation. Might even be the one that was gutted for Lost in Space or Batman.

        http://techchannel.att.com/play-video.cfm/2012/8/22/AT&T-Archives-Digital-Computer-Techniques

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 22, 2013
          On 04/22/2013 07:35 AM, B Degnan wrote:

          >> time I have seen they actually working and being used.
          >>
          >> Not true -- remember Dave McGuire's PDP-11/70 exhibit at VCF East last
          >> year? He was right across the row from your exhibit.
          >>
          >> But ... your comment gave me an idea!!! Stay tuned. :)
          >>
          > I thought he used more modern storage.

          I ran a combination of modern and vintage storage. I had a Unibus SCSI
          host adapter connected to a SCSI drive, and three RL02 removable disk pack
          drives running.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ