Re: [midatlanticretro] OT Classic videos

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2013
      From: Bill Dromgoole
      Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:51 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] OT Classic videos

      >I just received my new copy of Wired today and found this link inside.
      >It maybe somewhat off topic in some content, but good none the less.

      >http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/category/tech-time-warp-of-the-week/

      Having read the book "Dealer's of lightening" by Michael A. Hiltzik, I know
      there is more detail to the story about what Steve Jobs learned about the
      Xerox Alto. The commercial shown in this video was very superficial. Steve
      Jobs and his programs got very detailed explanations and look at code at
      Xerox PARC. The programmers were forced to show him and his programmers may
      secrets of the Alto. So it is no myth that he got lots of ideas and a look
      at a working GUI years before he created the Macintosh.

      Jeff B
    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
        I was doing a presentation on older computers and came across this great
        video:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKCZLwbwwg

        It's all good, but the last half is really telling about Jobs & PARC...in
        Jobs' own words no less...

        Wesley