Re: [midatlanticretro] Welcome new members

  • Alexey Toptygin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
      Well, I just joined, but due to mention on classiccmp (which I've been
      trying to keep up with for a while). My name is Alexey and I'm a
      computerholic :-) I live just outside DC.

      I've been collecting whatever old computers I can get my hands on; I've
      got about 40-50 machines ATM, but I don't get to play with them very much
      due to lack of time :-\ The biggest thing I have is an AS4000, the
      smallest is a Timex Sinclair. My most recent acquisition os a Mac SE/30.

      I got into collecting after a friend of mine got a 128-node transputer
      machine for his birthday ($75 from the university surplus store). I've
      finally gotten some transputers of my own, and I'm trying to think of ways
      to put them to use; fortunately the campus library hadn't surplussed the
      transputer books they had, so I've got most of the info I need.

      Alexey