Welcome new members

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
      It looks like we gained three new members after the event at InfoAge last
      weekend. Newbies: please introduce yourselves. We're interested in your
      takes on computer collecting, how you got started, where you live, etc.

      Evan
    • Alexey Toptygin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2006
        Well, I just joined, but due to mention on classiccmp (which I've been
        trying to keep up with for a while). My name is Alexey and I'm a
        computerholic :-) I live just outside DC.

        I've been collecting whatever old computers I can get my hands on; I've
        got about 40-50 machines ATM, but I don't get to play with them very much
        due to lack of time :-\ The biggest thing I have is an AS4000, the
        smallest is a Timex Sinclair. My most recent acquisition os a Mac SE/30.

        I got into collecting after a friend of mine got a 128-node transputer
        machine for his birthday ($75 from the university surplus store). I've
        finally gotten some transputers of my own, and I'm trying to think of ways
        to put them to use; fortunately the campus library hadn't surplussed the
        transputer books they had, so I've got most of the info I need.

        Alexey