re: [midatlanticretro] another wonderful donation and a mystery solved

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013

      > William F. Dudley Jr. donated another wonderful box
      > of homebrew parts to MARCH:
      > a new unused Intersil 6100 eval kit,

      > They're all spare parts for the PDP8 he built.
      > That's the "mystery machine" from a few weeks ago,
      > so MARCH now has a homebrew PDP8!
      >
      > Bill Dudley identified the "mystery machine" as his.
      > The flip-chip backplane was a clue
      > that it is DEC compatible!

      Please see if you can find anything like a IM6100 as opposed to the IMP-16,
      I may have mis-read what's printed on the chip. It would be a 40 pin chip
      I think. The IMP-16 is squarer I believe, not 40 pin. On one of the front
      few cards.
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
        > Please see if you can find anything like a IM6100 as opposed to the
        > IMP-16,
        > I may have mis-read what's printed on the chip. It would be a 40 pin chip
        > I think. The IMP-16 is squarer I believe, not 40 pin. On one of the front
        > few cards.

        IMP-16 is a 16 bit processor from National Semiconductor. It is a
        multi chip set (4 ALU slices and 1 control unit, I think).

        --
        Will
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16, 2013
          > > Please see if you can find anything like a IM6100 as opposed to the
          > > IMP-16,
          > > I may have mis-read what's printed on the chip. It would be a 40 pin
          chip
          > > I think. The IMP-16 is squarer I believe, not 40 pin. On one of the
          front
          > > few cards.
          >
          > IMP-16 is a 16 bit processor from National Semiconductor. It is a
          > multi chip set (4 ALU slices and 1 control unit, I think).
          >
          > --
          > Will

          I have since bought some glasses so I can finally see. The computer is
          definitely a 6100 then. I have updated references on the page I made for
          the system.
          BIll