Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Anyone have a spare teletype?

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 15, 2013
      On 04/15/2013 10:52 AM, Stephen L wrote:
      >> Here is a publicity picture from the NSC project that I worked on. This was taken in, I think, 1986:
      >
      > --- Thanks for the cool pic, Dave. My word--there were girls!! So what was the NSC project?

      Yes there were. They're not all that uncommon in the academic research
      environment. Some of them are even cute, like Lauren in the middle. :)

      NSC is the Navier-Stokes Supercomputer, a rather ingenious vector
      supercomputer that was specifically designed to crunch the Navier-Stokes
      equations, which are more-or-less the cornerstone of fluid dynamics. It was
      designed for NASA via a grant, at the Moody Fluid Dynamics Laboratory at
      Princeton University. The project was started in (if I recall correctly) 1985.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ