Re: [midatlanticretro] say what?

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 3 7:25 PM
      I think that's supposed to be cellar's permit. You're not allowed
      into the basement to see the inventory unless you have a cellar's
      permit.

      At Monday, 3 April 2006, you wrote:

      >On the MARCH VCF web page:
      >
      >Sellers at VCF may be required to have a valid
      >California Seller's Permit? Could that be left over
      >from an event on the West Coast, perhaps?
      >
      >Bob

      -- E N D --
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 3 7:53 PM
        Yup, just ignore that.
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4 5:06 AM
          This does bring up a good point. I don't know if the state is as
          aggressive as it used to be, but they used to show up at electronic
          flea markets (ie, hamfests) looking for commercial dealers who
          didn't have sales tax permits or weren't collecting tax.

          MARCH might want a disclaimer that vendors sign stating that the
          vendors must determine if they should collect tax and are responsible
          for handling the application.

          Does NJ have a one-day permit? Someone else here must know
          this stuff better than I. To the best of my knowledge, a cellar
          permit isn't required unless they're doing transactions in the basement.

          Bob