say what?

  • Bob Grieb
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 3 7:22 PM
      On the MARCH VCF web page:

      Sellers at VCF may be required to have a valid
      California Seller's Permit? Could that be left over
      from an event on the West Coast, perhaps?

      Bob

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 3 7:25 PM
        I think that's supposed to be cellar's permit. You're not allowed
        into the basement to see the inventory unless you have a cellar's
        permit.

        At Monday, 3 April 2006, you wrote:

        >On the MARCH VCF web page:
        >
        >Sellers at VCF may be required to have a valid
        >California Seller's Permit? Could that be left over
        >from an event on the West Coast, perhaps?
        >
        >Bob

        -- E N D --
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 3 7:53 PM
          Yup, just ignore that.
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4 5:06 AM
            This does bring up a good point. I don't know if the state is as
            aggressive as it used to be, but they used to show up at electronic
            flea markets (ie, hamfests) looking for commercial dealers who
            didn't have sales tax permits or weren't collecting tax.

            MARCH might want a disclaimer that vendors sign stating that the
            vendors must determine if they should collect tax and are responsible
            for handling the application.

            Does NJ have a one-day permit? Someone else here must know
            this stuff better than I. To the best of my knowledge, a cellar
            permit isn't required unless they're doing transactions in the basement.

            Bob