Re: [midatlanticretro] Hakko 808 Desoldering Gun - 4 stars.

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2013
      On Apr 6, 2013, at 11:22, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

      Hakko 808 Desoldering Gun

      I ordered one and it works great. I am installing the errata updates to
      Martin Eberhard's 1702/A eProm programmer and as part of the project I
      needed to replace a handful of resistors. Zip Zip done. Works perfectly
      and easy to clean. I also am using a nicer magnifying visor so I can
      finally see what I am doing.

      Great to know! I might get one soon. Why just 4 stars? (i.e. what are the parts you don't like?)

      - Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2013
        > > I ordered one and it works great. I am installing the errata updates to

        > > Martin Eberhard's 1702/A eProm programmer and as part of the project I

        > > needed to replace a handful of resistors. Zip Zip done. Works perfectly

        > > and easy to clean. I also am using a nicer magnifying visor so I can
        > > finally see what I am doing.
        > >
        > Great to know! I might get one soon. Why just 4 stars? (i.e. what are the
        parts you don't like?)

        4 out of 4. I don't know just saying I like it. I assume that there are
        better guns, but for the $$ it's fine. I like how it catches the solder
        and is cleanable.

        bd