Hakko 808 Desoldering Gun - 4 stars.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2013
      Hakko 808 Desoldering Gun

      I ordered one and it works great. I am installing the errata updates to
      Martin Eberhard's 1702/A eProm programmer and as part of the project I
      needed to replace a handful of resistors. Zip Zip done. Works perfectly
      and easy to clean. I also am using a nicer magnifying visor so I can
      finally see what I am doing.

      Bill
    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2013
        On Apr 6, 2013, at 11:22, "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

        Hakko 808 Desoldering Gun

        I ordered one and it works great. I am installing the errata updates to
        Martin Eberhard's 1702/A eProm programmer and as part of the project I
        needed to replace a handful of resistors. Zip Zip done. Works perfectly
        and easy to clean. I also am using a nicer magnifying visor so I can
        finally see what I am doing.

        Great to know! I might get one soon. Why just 4 stars? (i.e. what are the parts you don't like?)

        - Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2013
          > > I ordered one and it works great. I am installing the errata updates to

          > > Martin Eberhard's 1702/A eProm programmer and as part of the project I

          > > needed to replace a handful of resistors. Zip Zip done. Works perfectly

          > > and easy to clean. I also am using a nicer magnifying visor so I can
          > > finally see what I am doing.
          > >
          > Great to know! I might get one soon. Why just 4 stars? (i.e. what are the
          parts you don't like?)

          4 out of 4. I don't know just saying I like it. I assume that there are
          better guns, but for the $$ it's fine. I like how it catches the solder
          and is cleanable.

          bd