Re: [midatlanticretro] UNIVAC Manuals

  • Kyle Owen
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
      I was able to rescue all of the big binders, but had to leave behind a couple of boxes packed full of more hole-punched papers and a few smaller generic binders. But I'd say this was 90% of the stuff.

      As it turns out, a fair number of the binders were empty, but they were splayed out on the shelf to look as if they were full. Tricky!

      As it also turns out, most of the 9000-series binders were empty. Or, they had non-9000 stuff in them. In any event, I took pictures of most of the topics covered in the binders. Seems as though the majority of it is Series 1100 stuff. Is this of any interest to anyone?

      Here's the album: http://imgur.com/a/jLgfL

      Kyle

      On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM, William Donzelli <wdonzelli@...> wrote:

      > I'm going to try to save these at some point, and they will like be
      > residing in Birmingham with my parents, though they cannot stay there
      > forever.
      >
      > I haven't actually pulled a book off the shelf to verify the contents, but
      > I may have time to do that next time I'm over there.

      It would be great if you could, so they can be passed under Al's nose
      and included into bitsavers if need be.

      It would be nice to see what the contents of the newer binders are -
      System/80, perhaps?

      --
      Will

    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
        > As it also turns out, most of the 9000-series binders were empty. Or, they
        > had non-9000 stuff in them. In any event, I took pictures of most of the
        > topics covered in the binders. Seems as though the majority of it is Series
        > 1100 stuff. Is this of any interest to anyone?
        >
        > Here's the album: http://imgur.com/a/jLgfL

        Yes, it should go to bitsavers. Univac documentation is fairly scarce.

        --
        Will