Re: [midatlanticretro] Computer History, really?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 11:06 AM
      -------- Original Message --------

      way off with the implication about the IMSAI computer timing. I will let
      our contacts there know.

      Someone should comb the entire site.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 11:38 AM

        > They're correct that IMS Assoc. Inc. formed in '73, but obviously they're way off with the implication about the IMSAI computer timing. I will let our contacts there know.

        I looked through the advertisers index for 1974, 75 and part of 76.
        You didn't ask, but it was a good excuse to dust off my collection.

        1974 - No ads from IMS Assoc.
        1975, Oct, pg 110. First ad from IMS Assoc. Ad title is "IMSAI AND ALTAIR OWNERS", but there isn't a picture of the IMSAI.
        1975, Nov, pg 125. Similar ad.
        1975, Dec, pg 123. A sketch of the IMSAI 8080. Ad title is "ALTAIR 8800... A GOOD IDEA. IMSAI 8080..BETTER!!"
        1976, Jan, pg 118. A nice graphic of the IMSAI (not a pic but better than a sketch)
        1976, Feb, pg 81 & 119, Full page ad (81), large B&W picture.
        1976, Mar, pg 15 & 108, Full page (15), 2 pictures, inside & front.
        1976, Apr, pg 1 & 118, Full page (1)

        :)J