Computer History, really?

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/?category=cmpny

      1974 IMSAI 8080? Does anyone have an add in Popular Electronics for the
      1974 IMSAI 8080?

      Who writes this stuff?

      bd
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
        They're correct that IMS Assoc. Inc. formed in '73, but obviously they're way off with the implication about the IMSAI computer timing. I will let our contacts there know.
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
          > 1974 IMSAI 8080? Does anyone have an add in Popular Electronics for the
          > 1974 IMSAI 8080?
          >
          > Who writes this stuff?

          It may be a poorly written paragraph, but it never explicitly says
          anything about an advertisement in 1974. There is a period in the way.

          --
          Will
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013

              > They're correct that IMS Assoc. Inc. formed in '73, but obviously they're way off with the implication about the IMSAI computer timing. I will let our contacts there know.

              I looked through the advertisers index for 1974, 75 and part of 76.
              You didn't ask, but it was a good excuse to dust off my collection.

              1974 - No ads from IMS Assoc.
              1975, Oct, pg 110. First ad from IMS Assoc. Ad title is "IMSAI AND ALTAIR OWNERS", but there isn't a picture of the IMSAI.
              1975, Nov, pg 125. Similar ad.
              1975, Dec, pg 123. A sketch of the IMSAI 8080. Ad title is "ALTAIR 8800... A GOOD IDEA. IMSAI 8080..BETTER!!"
              1976, Jan, pg 118. A nice graphic of the IMSAI (not a pic but better than a sketch)
              1976, Feb, pg 81 & 119, Full page ad (81), large B&W picture.
              1976, Mar, pg 15 & 108, Full page (15), 2 pictures, inside & front.
              1976, Apr, pg 1 & 118, Full page (1)

              :)J