May 18-19 event -- lodging (part 1 of 2)

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
      I called the Motel 38 where many of us stayed during past MARCH events. Was told there will probably be just six double rooms available, because they've got more extended-stay guests than before. Do not call them for a room just yet -- they are calling me back to finalize a deal + rates tomorrow or the next day.
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        >I called the Motel 38 where many of us stayed during past MARCH events.
        >Was told there will probably be just six double rooms available,
        >because they've got more extended-stay guests than before. Do not call
        >them for a room just yet -- they are calling me back to finalize a deal
        >+ rates tomorrow or the next day.

        I could not resist! Will bring to may open house ... a holy grail system per my website. Pics when avail.
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
          On 04/02/2013 09:13 PM, B Degnan wrote:
          > Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          \> I could not resist! Will bring to may open house ... a holy grail system
          per my website. Pics when avail.

          SWEET!! That's on my list too. Please post pics!

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • billdeg
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013

            > On 04/02/2013 09:13 PM, B Degnan wrote:

            > \> I could not resist! Will bring to may open house ... a holy grail system
            > per my website. Pics when avail.
            >
            > SWEET!! That's on my list too. Please post pics!
            >
            > -Dave
            >
            > --
            > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            > New Kensington, PA

            We had a thread about the COSMAC and Joseph Weisbecker in 2009, and at the time I had found two Electronics Design Systems Journal articles about the RCA 1801 (two chip ancestor version of 1802). One was a dry article to compare and contrast early micro processors

            http://www.vintagecomputer.net/CISC367/1975-microprocessor_diagrams.pdf

            And another about very early computers that used microprocessors (before the Altair btw)
            http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=280

            SO when I saw the Ebay auction I was quite amazed someone actually had one of these COSMACs. The Ebay seller I bought the "RCA COSMAC Microkit" used my site as a reference. I hate it when my web site is the only source of information on a computer or vintage historic computer item ... nothing else available on the web.

            The Ebay COSMAC appears to be an originally-named "COSMAC" processor version, not the renamed CDP-1801s that you'd see in the 1976 trainer version.

            I hope he includes some materials with the computer, he is from NJ and mentioned he had some knowledge of the providence of the RCA company. Stay tuned.