Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Can you help?

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
      It *is* an April Fool's joke.

      -------- Original Message --------

      Inquirer
      > > > before I retired. I had a bad leg after an accident overseas that
      made
      > > > driving difficult. Back then you didn't have cars with hand pedals.
      Way
      > > > back when my son was in college he said I needed a computer for my
      > > > correspondence and to work from home. For about 10 years I was
      mailing my
      > > > articles to my editor after printing from this computer my son put in
      the
      > > > den. He got a *great* deal on a 8/A 500. Now that I finally got a
      modern
      > > > computer I don't really need this 8/A 500. I also have the Decwriter

      > > > printer. Still works great but it's loud. Probably too old, but
      maybe one
      > > > of you old timers could still use it.

      > > --
      > > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > > New Kensington, PA

    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
        I've seen someone act that way with regards to a camera (in a camera
        collector's group)...and I think it was a sale offer for a relatively rare
        model, which would be more worthwhile to them than a donation. So...it
        could indeed happen...there are some quirky folks out there in the world.
        Thankfully, this was just an April Fool's joke...

        Wesley