RE: [midatlanticretro] Some photos uploaded / important club update

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      >>> One thing I noticed wandering around the facility was that many of the other groups (like the railroaders and the radioguys) had a 3 panel pamphlet with information about  themselves and why/how to join ... maybe InfoAge has a template for this.

      That's correct. Every group was asked to make one at the last board meeting. I didn't have time so I made those flyers instead. I'll make the three-folder brochure version soon. Also, we'll get one of those nice information holders for the door of our preview room. Then we can have specific info about how to contribute computers to us, how to learn about the hobby in general, etc.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
        Mark,

        That's an excellent idea. It should be fairly easy to turn Evan's FAQ into an
        info brochure. Word or any desktop publishing program has the needed
        template.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
          Evan,

          Why not put photos in the photo section? It makes them so much easier to view
          with the nice thumbnails...

          Jim

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
            Because of the file size limit.  It's just easier this way.

            --- Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > for
            > the NY/CT area, the
            MD/VA/DC area, and the central PA area (hello lonely
            > Dan
            > in
            Pittsburgh!) ... I'd also like to plan that Boston road trip which we

            discussed last year.  We should also devise a solid plan for how we'll
            > organize the InfoAge museum -- let's start thinking about how we
            might
            > organize the collections into themed sections, and then we can
            make some
            > committees in charge of each section.
            >
            > One
            more thing: this isn't final yet, but Jim and Bill and I (a while ago)

            discussed how we will keep track of official members.  What I think we'll
            > do
            > is make a quarterly payment schedule.  So anyone
            10, and Oct.-Dec.  5.  That way won't