Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Can you help?

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2 7:27 AM
      It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

      On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
      > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2 9:23 AM
        On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

        If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
        different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.

        Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
        blocked from normal list members.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2 10:47 AM
          It *is* an April Fool's joke.

          > On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
          > >
          > > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??
          > >
          > If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
          > different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.
          >
          > Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
          > blocked from normal list members.
          >
          > > On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
          > > > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

        • Wesley Furr
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2 6:18 PM
            I've seen someone act that way with regards to a camera (in a camera
            collector's group)...and I think it was a sale offer for a relatively rare
            model, which would be more worthwhile to them than a donation. So...it
            could indeed happen...there are some quirky folks out there in the world.
            Thankfully, this was just an April Fool's joke...

            Wesley