Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Can you help?

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
      From:B. Degnan <billdeg@...>

      > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away.  Oh well

      That was a april fools Joke..

      What is the probability that a person who has an 8/A would post about giving it away free and then after one reply decide to recycle it?

      I have better odds wining the lottery.
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
        It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

        On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
        > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
          On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

          > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

          If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
          different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.

          Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
          blocked from normal list members.

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
            It *is* an April Fool's joke.

            > On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
            > >
            > > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??
            > >
            > If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
            > different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.
            >
            > Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
            > blocked from normal list members.
            >
            > > On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
            > > > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

          • Wesley Furr
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
              I've seen someone act that way with regards to a camera (in a camera
              collector's group)...and I think it was a sale offer for a relatively rare
              model, which would be more worthwhile to them than a donation. So...it
              could indeed happen...there are some quirky folks out there in the world.
              Thankfully, this was just an April Fool's joke...

              Wesley