re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Can you help?

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2013
      Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
        From:B. Degnan <billdeg@...>

        > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away.  Oh well

        That was a april fools Joke..

        What is the probability that a person who has an 8/A would post about giving it away free and then after one reply decide to recycle it?

        I have better odds wining the lottery.
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
          It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

          On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
          > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
            On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

            > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

            If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
            different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.

            Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
            blocked from normal list members.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
              It *is* an April Fool's joke.

              > On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
              > >
              > > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??
              > >
              > If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
              > different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.
              >
              > Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
              > blocked from normal list members.
              >
              > > On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
              > > > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

            • Wesley Furr
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
                I've seen someone act that way with regards to a camera (in a camera
                collector's group)...and I think it was a sale offer for a relatively rare
                model, which would be more worthwhile to them than a donation. So...it
                could indeed happen...there are some quirky folks out there in the world.
                Thankfully, this was just an April Fool's joke...

                Wesley