Re: Can you help?

  • dfnr2
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2013
      I figure this is almost certainly an April Fools prank, but I personally would rather be the fool than take a 1 in 1000 chance of seeing a classic machine scrapped. So, if this is a joke, it worked!

      But if this is at all serious, please contact me!

      Dave

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2013
        Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

        > I figure this is almost certainly an April Fools prank, but I personally
        would rather be the fool than take a 1 in 1000 chance of seeing a classic
        machine scrapped. So, if this is a joke, it worked!

        > But if this is at all serious, please contact me!
        >
        > Dave
        >
        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, tomgtracy <no_reply@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was searching the web and I found this group, but I am not sure if I
        am in the right place. I was a sports reporter for the Phila Inquirer
        before I retired. I had a bad leg after an accident overseas that made
        driving difficult. Back then you didn't have cars with hand pedals. Way
        back when my son was in college he said I needed a computer for my
        correspondence and to work from home. For about 10 years I was mailing my
        articles to my editor after printing from this computer my son put in the
        den. He got a *great* deal on a 8/A 500. Now that I finally got a modern
        computer I don't really need this 8/A 500. I also have the Decwriter
        printer. Still works great but it's loud. Probably too old, but maybe one
        of you old timers could still use it.

        > > Thank you
        > >
        > > Russ "Tom" Tracy

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
          From:B. Degnan <billdeg@...>

          > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away.  Oh well

          That was a april fools Joke..

          What is the probability that a person who has an 8/A would post about giving it away free and then after one reply decide to recycle it?

          I have better odds wining the lottery.
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
            It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

            On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
            > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
              On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

              > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??

              If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
              different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.

              Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
              blocked from normal list members.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
                It *is* an April Fool's joke.

                > On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
                > >
                > > It was in fact an April fools' joke...right??
                > >
                > If nobody has come forward by now I suspect not. The message isn't that
                > different from ones I get occasionally through my web site.
                >
                > Can the list admin get his real email address to check? It appears its
                > blocked from normal list members.
                >
                > > On 04/01/2013 09:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                > > > Me too, I thought it was a joke and scared the guy away. Oh well

              • Wesley Furr
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2013
                  I've seen someone act that way with regards to a camera (in a camera
                  collector's group)...and I think it was a sale offer for a relatively rare
                  model, which would be more worthwhile to them than a donation. So...it
                  could indeed happen...there are some quirky folks out there in the world.
                  Thankfully, this was just an April Fool's joke...

                  Wesley