Freeplay 3 happening in Chesapeake , VA

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
      Not sure how many MARCHers are near Chesapeake , VA.

      Freeplay 3

      Saturday, April 6 10:00am - 5:00pm EDT | 7:00pm-12:00am movies (Chesapeake , VA)

      We’ll be at the Chesapeake Central Library where you can play video games on arcades, consoles, and computers in addition to pinball machines. We're hauling retro arcades out like Pac-Man, Galaga, Robotron: 2084, X-Men (4-player!), Police Trainer, Donkey Kong, Fighting Vipers, Cruis'n Exotica, and many others!

      Consoles from Atari, Nintendo, Coleco, Sega, Sony, Panasonic, Microsoft, NEC & Hudson Soft, Magnavox, and dedicated Pong machines will all be there!

      A computer museum reaches out with Tandy, Commodore, Apple, Atari, Texas Instruments, and more.

      This year we are looking to introduce a LAN party space so bring your laptop with some fun games to play.

      There will also be a demonstration of the HYDRA: Tactical Command Simulator as well as showings of Wreck-It-Ralph and WarGames. The movies are provided by the Chesapeake Public Library, with the games being provided by Southeastern Virginia Gaming. The movies will be presented by Fantasmo Cult Cinema Explosion.

      http://www.chesapeake.lib.va.us/
      http://sevagaming.com/
      http://fantasmocinema.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
        >> A computer museum reaches out with Tandy, Commodore, Apple, Atari, Texas Instruments, and more.

        I wonder which one? (Not us.)
      • telmnstr
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
          >>> A computer museum reaches out with Tandy, Commodore, Apple, Atari,
          >>> Texas Instruments, and more.
          > I wonder which one? (Not us.)

          I'm involved in this. Not sure where the museum thing came from, it's
          personal collections of a few locals. Library folk write up the
          description stuff.

          Crusty computers are easier to move than the pinball/arcades ;-)