Re: [midatlanticretro] Some photos uploaded / important club update

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > One more thing: this isn't final yet, but Jim and Bill and I (a while ago)
      > discussed how we will keep track of official members. What I think we'll do
      > is make a quarterly payment schedule. So anyone who joins in Jan-March pays
      > $20, Apri-June = 15, July-Sept. = 10, and Oct.-Dec. 5. That way won't have
      > to keep track of when everyone's year is done. We'll just put out a fresh
      > call for money starting in late December or so. Consider MARCH part of your
      > holiday gift-giving budget! Ideally this will remain as a mere suggested
      > donation on our part, sort of like PBS or (more appropriately considering
      > the audience) shareware -- "If you like what you get here, then please help
      > us pay for it." We are not requiring dues per se, but we'll continue to
      > offer perks whenever possible to those who donate. That seems like a good
      > and fair way to run this club in my opinion.

      One thing I noticed wandering around the facility was that many of the
      other groups (like the railroaders and the radioguys) had a 3 panel
      pamphlet with information about themselves and why/how to join. March
      should consider making one as well. They seemed to be very similar so
      maybe InfoAge has a template for this. I know March had the single handout
      sheet but the tri-fold could be placed with all the others in the main lobby.

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      http://www.warpstock.org

      http://www.os2voice.org

      Investigation, 1938
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
        >>> One thing I noticed wandering around the facility was that many of the other groups (like the railroaders and the radioguys) had a 3 panel pamphlet with information about  themselves and why/how to join ... maybe InfoAge has a template for this.

        That's correct. Every group was asked to make one at the last board meeting. I didn't have time so I made those flyers instead. I'll make the three-folder brochure version soon. Also, we'll get one of those nice information holders for the door of our preview room. Then we can have specific info about how to contribute computers to us, how to learn about the hobby in general, etc.

        yet, but Jim and Bill and I (a while ago)
        > discussed how we will keep
        track of official members.  What I think we'll do
        > is make a
        quarterly payment schedule.  So anyone who joins in Jan-March pays

        $20, Apri-June = 15, July-Sept. = 10, and Oct.-Dec.  5.  That way won't have
        > to keep track of when everyone's year is done.  We'll
        just put out a fresh
        > call for money starting in late December or
        so.  Consider MARCH part of your
        > holiday gift-giving budget!
        Ideally this will remain as a mere suggested
        > donation on our part, sort
        of like PBS or (more appropriately considering
        > the audience) shareware
        -- "If you like what you get here, then please help
        > us pay for
        it."  We are not requiring dues per se, but we'll continue to
        > offer
        perks whenever possible to those who donate.  That seems like a good
        > and fair way to run this club in my opinion.

        One thing I noticed wandering around the facility was that many of the
        other groups (like the railroaders and the radioguys) had a 3 panel
        pamphlet with information about  themselves and why/how to join.  March
        should consider making one as well.  They seemed to be very similar so
        maybe InfoAge has a template for this.  I know March had the single handout
        sheet but the tri-fold could be placed with all the others in the main lobby.

        Mark

        --

          From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

        http://www.warpstock.org

        http://www.os2voice.org

        democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of
        Investigation, 1938
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
          Mark,

          That's an excellent idea. It should be fairly easy to turn Evan's FAQ into an
          info brochure. Word or any desktop publishing program has the needed
          template.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
            Evan,

            Why not put photos in the photo section? It makes them so much easier to view
            with the nice thumbnails...

            Jim

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
              Because of the file size limit.  It's just easier this way.

              --- Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > for
              > the NY/CT area, the
              MD/VA/DC area, and the central PA area (hello lonely
              > Dan
              > in
              Pittsburgh!) ... I'd also like to plan that Boston road trip which we

              discussed last year.  We should also devise a solid plan for how we'll
              > organize the InfoAge museum -- let's start thinking about how we
              might
              > organize the collections into themed sections, and then we can
              make some
              > committees in charge of each section.
              >
              > One
              more thing: this isn't final yet, but Jim and Bill and I (a while ago)

              discussed how we will keep track of official members.  What I think we'll
              > do
              > is make a quarterly payment schedule.  So anyone
              10, and Oct.-Dec.  5.  That way won't