Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum change

  • Neil Cherry
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
      On 04/01/2013 06:56 AM,:
      > that when the average visitor sees an "installation" it should make some

      Evan, maybe we should charge folks for experiencing an install for some of
      the exhibits? They would gain some first hand knowledge.

      Seemed to work pretty well for Mr Sawyer.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
        >> maybe we should charge folks for experiencing an install for some of the exhibits? They would gain some first hand knowledge. Seemed to work pretty well for Mr Sawyer.

        I like it! But the MARCHins who work with me behind-the-scenes, in storage, etc. might pay NOT to experience any more. :)
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
          >> that when the average visitor sees an "installation" it should make
          >>some
          >
          >Evan, maybe we should charge folks for experiencing an install for some
          >of
          >the exhibits? They would gain some first hand knowledge.

          Evan, I thought it arrived yesterday...
          Neil, Were you thinking OS/2 or Win95 from floppy.....

          Dave
          G4UGM
          >Seemed to work pretty well for Mr Sawyer.
          >
          >--
          >Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@...
          >http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
          >http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
          >Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

        • Neil Cherry
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
            On 04/01/2013 10:00 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > >> maybe we should charge folks for experiencing an install for some of the exhibits?
            > They would gain some first hand knowledge. Seemed to work pretty well for Mr Sawyer.
            >
            > I like it! But the MARCHins who work with me behind-the-scenes, in storage, etc. might pay
            > NOT to experience any more. :)

            Wow, win-win! (please don't make me say that again)

            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
              On 04/01/2013 10:27 AM, Dave wrote:

> [...]

              I thought the candy button paper tape idea was a really good idea. It would
              give them a better understanding of the true hacker spirit of the times.

              http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
              http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
            • Ken
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 1, 2013
                At 4/1/2013 02:44 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >I was thinking that our museum exhibits really need to focus more on what the general public values and less on what just we geeks value.
                >
                >So, we should start by rebuilding the consumer micro exhibit. Let's focus a lot more on Apple, and remove all the other 8-bit stuff.
                >
                >Thoughts?

                Definitely an exhibit of vintage iPad models. There's a lot of nostalgia people have for the first computer they learned not to program on.

                - Ken