Re: [midatlanticretro] OTish: Write Only Memory, Signetics 25120

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 61 , Apr 1, 2013
      On Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Systems Glitch wrote:

      >> Check the datasheet:
      >>
      >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-only_memory_(joke)
      >
      > I enjoy National's "Polish OP-AMP" as well...we had the first page of the datasheet enlarged and hung on the wall in one of the engineering rooms at ITI Audio.

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/30341159/National-Semiconductor-Polish-Op-Amp-data-sheet

      "The LM0901A1141090451C is a macropower, low performance, degraded circuit
      operational amplifier designed to have a no load power disspation of less
      the 0.553W at Vs = +/-1 pV and less then 220W at Vs = +/2 pV. Open loop
      gain is greated than 0.001k and input bias current is typlically 200A."

      "The LM0901A1141090451C may be substituted directly for paper weights and
      fish lures. High power consumption, low open loop gain, and excessive
      input characterstics make this Turkey an ideal amplifier for many
      worthless applications such as hamster powered instruments or noise
      amplifiers."

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan