OTish: Write Only Memory, Signetics 25120

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 61 , Apr 1, 2013
      OTish: Write Only Memory, Signetics 25120

      You know ROM, RAM but what about WOM?
      Look at the Signetics WOM chip, it can fit any circuit.
      It's ideal for bit buckets and First-in-never-out registers.

      Check the datasheet:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write-only_memory_(joke)

      It's been 41 years since this joke, but it still a good laugh.
      What's even more funny is that customers were calling for pricing.

      :)J
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan